Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

On Vacation

Mike and I are in Gulf Shores.  It's wonderful here, although the area has changed drastically from the Gulf Shores of my childhood family vacations.
I brought Mike here for the first time 36 years ago this month. We were both 19 and had been engaged about 8 months.  It's kinda funny to think about--the changes both this area, and we as a couple have been through. And yet, there are a few things that are constant. The waves and the sand are still there; at times, they've been whipped into a frenzy from hurricane winds, and mankind's pollution has wreaked havoc as well, although I'm amazed how clear the water is and pale the color of the sand on this trip.
Mike and I have had a few hurricanes in our married life, and heaven knows we've wreaked a little havoc on each other.  But there's a core of our relationship that has stayed constant, and I'm incredibly grateful for that.


I don't know if I'll work on Full Circle this week or not.  I had every intention of doing so, but there's a feeling of just being completely lazy and enjoying time away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know your thoughts on our blog posts!