Recent Posts

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Broken Road

     I'm awake, not by choice, at 3:26 a.m., having been awake since 12:40.  This type of occurrence usually irritates the heck out of me, but I've just realized that yesterday was the second birthday of Broken Road. So it is entirely appropriate that I would have had one of my fall-sound-asleep-only-to-be-wide-awake-two-hours-later events tonight.
     See, when I was in the thick of writing Broken Road, this happened all the time.  The characters couldn't shut up long enough for me to get a decent night's sleep.  They routinely woke me up between 2:30 and 3:00 a.m., yakking incessantly about what they wanted to happen next in their fictional lives.
     I sound crazy, don't I?  That's how I felt! Honestly, the made-up people from my story would wake me up.  
     They let me sleep now...well, nearly all the time.  But I guess they were a little insulted that I let yesterday slip by without recognizing their birthday.
     With apologies, happy birthday, Roxie, Cole and Caleb.  I love you guys...but promise me you won't go back to the middle-of-the-night gab fests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know your thoughts on our blog posts!