Recent Posts

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Back Where...I Belong?


     Okay…so I got really down about the struggles of being a self-published author a few weeks ago and stopped editing the sequel to Broken Road—just figured, what’s the point?  Since we had already told one of our first readers that she could have a draft over Spring Break, Mike printed off a copy and gave it to her. But I was done. Yeah, the characters were still talking to me from time to time, but so what?  It’s a hellavalotta work and just results in an uphill struggle that can break your freaking heart.
     But I have found myself unable to stay away.  I know the characters are not real people, but it seems unfair to leave their lives in limbo.  Little by little, the editing has resumed.  I don’t mean to sound flip, but I completely understand why writing leads to mass consumption of spirituous liquids.  If I imbibed, these two novels would have done me in by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know your thoughts on our blog posts!