Recent Posts

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Pain of Self-Publishing

I don't think I felt anywhere near the grief writing Broken Road as Mike and I have experienced trying to get the dad-gum thing listed for eBooks.  
The rules for an eBook are a little different.  The front cover has to have the title and the author's name, and you must use one of a few fonts that the ePubs have deemed compatible for e-publishing.
Once you list the eBook, any revisions take forever to go through.  Consequently, I have no idea if the corrected version we posted Christmas day is being sold right now or if the edition with the horrendous error is still being downloaded by readers who will think I'm a moron when they notice the mistake.
I wish I could just shrug my shoulders and say "so be it", but mistakes, no matter how small, drive me nuts.
So, we'll see who wins...my sanity or the diabolical e-publishing that is trying to steal my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know your thoughts on our blog posts!