Recent Posts

Friday, January 27, 2012

Humility is a Good Thing...right?

     Nothing to keep a soul humble like the library of their own hometown choosing not to place that soul's literary accomplishment in circulation.
     That's right; my hometown library in Fayetteville, AR, the city where I was born, raised, baptized, graduated from high school, terrorized (strike that), got married and lived for eight years after marriage has declined to place Broken Road on its shelves.
     Don't know if anyone there read it, which I suppose is a good thing.  It's easier to swallow that they simply don't accept unsolicited editions, particularly ones that are not commercially published. I really don't want to know if someone there read it and was so appalled by it that they refused on those grounds.   
     So maybe it hasn't completely humbled me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to know your thoughts on our blog posts!